Silvia Viñao was born in Murcia. She studied Arts and Crafts and then Fine Arts at the University of Granada (1995), where she gained her PhD (2011). Her thesis examined the influence of Taoist philosophy in traditional Chinese painting and was entitled Del arte a la educación: las potencialidades plásticas y pedagógicas de la estética taoísta (From Art to Education: the plastic and teaching potentials of Taoist Aesthetics).
During her last years at university Silvia Viñao began to hold her first exhibitions in Granada, before moving to Murcia. Today she can boast a large number of exhibitions in Spain and abroad.
Among her many individual exhibitions, we can cite:
-“Contemplation”. MUA (The University of AlicanteMuseum). 2011.
-“Encounters with”. MUBAM (Museum of Fine Arts, Murcia) 2013.
-Cajamurcia Foundation. Madrid. 2015.
Main collective exhibitions and art fairs:
- “Shared proposals”. Palacio Condes de Gabia. Granada. 1995
-“European Modern Art Meetings”, itinerant: Chapelle du Lycee A. Pare, Laval. Salons de L’hotel de Ville, Allones (Sartrhe). Chapelle du Geneteil de Château Gontier (Francia). 1997.
- Art Fair “Santander Art”. Santander (Cantabria). With the Bisel Gallery. 1999.
- Duran Gallery. Madrid. 2000.
- Art Fair “Coleccionarte 2000”. Almudi Palace. Murcia. 2000.
- Duran Gallery. 2001.
- “Solidarity with Paraguay artists”. C.C. Manzana de la Rivera. Ciudad Asunción. Paraguay. 2008.
- “The Landscape”, VI Review Room. Centro Párraga. Murcia. 2008.
-“Escape tactics”, (Video installation). The Gabarron Foundation in Nueva York. 2009.
- Murcia Muestra art and brand. Chinese Cultural Centre in Madrid. 2015.
- Kaunas Castle, Lithuania. 2015.
- Kaunas City Museum, Lithuania. 2015.
- AlmudiPalace. Work selected at the XVI University of Murcia Art prize. 2015.
Although the majority of her artistic activity is pictorial, Silvia Viñao also produces in other areas like illustration, video, action painting, performances or in a variety of artistic interventions.
One example is the video “You had to be a Woman” exhibited at the Cibeles Centre in Madrid. 2013.